For all the teachers out there in a 1:1 environment using Chromebooks, have I got a deal for you! If you’ve ever had a URL link that you wanted to share with your class and you dread reading it out loud for kids to enter into their device, you’ve got to try Google Tone.
- First, both computers (sending and receiving) must have Google Tone installed as an extension on the Chrome Browser.
- Next, visit any website that you want to share with you students.
- Click the Google Tone icon on your browser.
- An audible tone will sound that can be received by your students’ Chromebooks.
- Students will be prompted by a popup message to visit the URL shared by your computer.
- Its that easy!